What exactly is the Young Recruits Programme?
Targeted support will be made available to create additional opportunities for young people to access quality apprenticeship places. The programme can benefit:
- Large employers that already offer high quality apprenticeship programmes who are able to expand their programmes to take on additional learners
- Small and medium sized employers working individually or in partnership to offer additional apprenticeship opportunities where there is a need to maintain a highly-skilled workforce for when the economy recovers.
Young Recruits Programme eligibility criteria
All employers must:
- Be able to offer (a) full time additional apprenticeship place(s), ie. a minimum of 25 hours including time with the provider
- Be paying the appropriate minimum wage for apprentices (or any other National Minimum Wage regulation that may apply)
- Be able to evidence payment to their learner with certified copies of wage slips or bank statement.
Without this evidence, we are unable to offer the support.
All learners must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 24 at time of application
- Be living and/or working in Wales
- Have been employed by the applicant for no longer than 10 weeks at time of application
- Be enrolled upon a level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship framework with a Welsh Government-contracted work based learning provider.
For further information contact:
Terri Williams Tel: 01286 677275 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org